Sunday, February 17, 2013

Talking poitnt # 5(hyperlinks)


This reading makes me think of course assumption number two Youth is a culturally constructed category. Teens evolve over time but they are the same person when they become adults. Most adults forget or try to makes it seem like they forgot who their "past teen was" when really they are still a teen inside a more grown mature looking body. Personally I am a firm believer of this, I am the same person who I was at 16 than I am now. Some experiences that I went through helped me grow but never really changed who I really am thoday. I am still that loving caring, shy at times,crazy once comfortable, love to dance and have fun type of girl. I'm my culture adults are very important, they think the know everything because they were once "teens" not realizing that they are still who they were before. A lot of them look at teens as rude, cant speak for themselves,wild, crazy, rebels who cant get along with adults.Adolescence and Adults: why working together seems impossible is a site that condones all these negative thought about teens. The article speaks as if adults and teens are from two totally different planets. People need to realize that teenagers are not some alien life form. Here is another article that separates teens and adults,Why do adults hold teenagers and children in such low self-esteem. They speak ask if teens and adults are so different. It blows my mind that I can't find anything that talk about teens and adults being the same person but just more mature. That makes me think, what is an adults? what are the qualities that adults have to have to fit in that bracket? is it just age that makes a person an adult?

No comments:

Post a Comment